Privacy statement GRASP Advocatuur B.V.
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. respects your personal data and ensures that the personal information provided to us or otherwise obtained is treated confidentially. Personal data includes all information about a person. Data that indirectly says something about someone is also personal data. The following is to comply with the obligation to inform the data subject(s) whose personal data Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes, as stipulated in the GDPR.
Article 2 – Controller and communication
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes personal data in order to offer services, improve services and communicate with you personally. Grasp Advocatuur B.V. often engages a third party to evaluate our services. As a data subject, you can choose to participate in this and leave your personal details. You can also register to receive a newsletter or other forms of communication from Grasp Advocatuur B.V.
Article 3 – Purpose of Processing Personal Data
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes the personal data mentioned below exclusively for the purposes mentioned below:
– Maintaining a customer database;
– the provision of legal services;
– Conducting (legal) proceedings;
– Collecting declarations;
– Advice, mediation and referral;
– comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– marketing and communication activities;
– Recruitment and selection (application).
Article 4 – What personal data are processed?
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes the following (types or categories of) personal data for the purpose of providing its services or that are provided by the data subject on his/her own initiative:
– Personal data you provide when contacting Grasp Advocatuur B.V;
– Personal data which Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes when you are a (potential) client;
– personal data which Grasp Advocatuur B.V. receives or generates through the website www.grasp.nl and through newsletters or invitations by e-mail;
– personal data which Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes in the course of its business;
– personal data from public sources.
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes the personal data referred to above because they have been provided by you as a data subject on your own initiative, or in the context of the provision of its services, or have been disclosed to us by third parties, including other parties, or have become known to us from public sources.
Article 5 – Basis for processing personal data
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. processes the aforementioned personal data exclusively on the basis of the following grounds, as referred to in Article 6 of the GDPR:
– legal obligation;
– execution of an agreement;
– consent obtained from data subject(s);
– legitimate interest.
Article 6 – Sharing of personal data with third parties
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. only shares your personal data with third parties to the extent necessary to provide services in accordance with the above purposes. This includes, for example, the replacement of the practice by another lawyer, the performance or commissioning of an expert opinion or the engagement of another third party on behalf of and under the instructions of Grasp Advocatuur B.V., such as an IT supplier, but also the disclosure of your personal data in connection with (legal) proceedings or correspondence with the other party.
- In addition, Grasp Advocatuur B.V. may disclose personal data to a third party, such as a supervisory authority or any other body entrusted with public authority, insofar as there is a statutory obligation to do so.
- A processor’s agreement is concluded with the third party that processes your personal data on behalf of and on the instructions of Grasp Advocatuur B.V., as a result of which that third party is also obliged to comply with the GDPR. Third parties engaged by Grasp Advocatuur B.V., who provide services as data controllers, are themselves responsible for the (further) processing of your personal data and for complying with the GDPR. This includes, for example, an accountant, notary public, other third parties engaged for the purposes of a second opinion or expert report.
Article 7 – Security of personal data
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. attaches great value to the security and protection of your personal data and, taking into account the state of the art, ensures appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee a security level appropriate to the risk. In the event that Grasp Advocatuur B.V. uses the services of third parties, such as an IT supplier, Grasp Advocatuur B.V. will lay down arrangements regarding adequate security measures in a processor’s agreement.
Article 8 – Retention period of personal data
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. does not retain personal data for longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes of data processing or as required by law or regulations.
Article 9 – Privacy rights of data subjects
- You can send a request for inspection, correction, restriction, opposition, transferability of data, deletion of your personal data or withdrawal of previously granted permission via the contact details below. You will receive further information from us within four weeks of receipt of your request.
- Circumstances may arise where Grasp Advocatuur B.V. is unable to fully comply with your request as a data subject. This includes, for example, the duty of secrecy of lawyers and statutory retention periods.
- Please address your requests as referred to above to: Grasp Advocatuur B.V.
Weena 730 B (Office 10.06)
3014 DA Rotterdam
- To ensure that we provide the personal data in question to the correct person on the basis of your request, we ask you to submit a copy of a valid passport, driving licence or identity document with a screened passport photo and BSN number for verification. Grasp Advocatuur B.V. will only deal with requests relating to your own personal data.
Article 10 – Use of social media
- At www.grasp.nl, the website of Grasp Advocatuur B.V. may include buttons and/or links to promote or share web pages on social (media) networks or websites of third parties, such as Twitter, Linkedin or Facebook. Grasp Advocatuur B.V. does not supervise and is not responsible for the processing of your personal data by and through such third parties. The use of such media is therefore at your own risk. Before using the services of third parties, you are advised to read the privacy statement of those third parties.
Article 11 – Statistics and cookies
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. records user data of the website for statistical purposes. The personal data collected in this way are in principle anonymous and will not be sold by Grasp Advocatuur B.V. to third parties;
- In order to enhance the user friendliness of the website of Grasp Advocatuur B.V., we use so-called ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on, for example, your computer, tablet or smartphone during your visit to the Grasp Advocatuur B.V. website. You may refuse the use of these cookies at any time, although this may limit the functionality and ease of use of the website.
- On the website of the Authority Consumer and Market (https://www.consuwijzer.nl/telecom- post/internet/privacy/uitleg-cookies) you can read more about cookies and how you can block or delete them.
- On its website, Grasp Advocatuur B.V. may offer a blog or forum that is freely accessible. Any information posted on these can be read, collected and used by anyone, i.e. any third party. A request to remove personal data from a blog or forum can be submitted via the contact details in this privacy statement. In some cases, Grasp Advocatuur B.V. is unable to remove personal data from a blog or forum. In such event, Grasp Advocatuur B.V. will indicate in a response to your aforementioned request that it was unsuccessful and also for what reason. In the event that you, as a data subject, post personal data via an application of a third party (via social media), then that third party or the administrator of the application is the contact point for such requests for removal or other privacy questions.
Article 12 – Amendment of privacy statement
- Grasp Advocatuur B.V. has the right to change the content of this privacy statement at any time without prior notice. Amendments to the privacy statement will be published on the website of the law firm. Therefore, please consult our website regularly.
Article 13 – Questions and Contact
- If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal data and this privacy statement, please contact:
Grasp Advocatuur B.V. Weena 730 B (Office 10.06) 3014 DA Rotterdam
Version January 2022